Skip to main content

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

I have PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale since it its release here in the EU and I have used most of my time playing it because it is more fun how more I play it.

Like many I had the chance to play the closed beta on my Vita with a selection of a few characters.
During that time there were many game events that had this game to play.
I sadly was at none of them but I did had the chance to keep track of all the character rumors and news.
Making me more looking forward to get it and play it till my controller would break.

As I waited the open beta showed up for plus users and a week later for everyone during that time I could enjoy a little more of it before its release.

But now I have seen the final product do i still like it?
Yes i am happy with the result.
I still played it although I got all trophies on the Vita only need a good internet connection and also for the PS3.
The challenges keep me busy when there is no internet but the second I have internet and bam! I am online beating other people up (or get my ass kicked).

Is it like Super Smash Bros?
No it looks similar but its not that case.
  • In Smash you tried to ring a opponent by beating him/her up as much that the fly or fall of the stage.
  • In All-Stars you build up a meter to get super of kill move that kill your opponent and score with this.
The idea is almost the same since you need to play smart so that you kick and punch more than your opponent but in All-Stars the super/kill move needs also skill.
So if you play smart and know that your opponent has super/kill move and know how to evade this then his/her move was wasted.
Of course the meter thus not only build up to 1 bar but up to 3.
There 3 types of super/kill move, this different per character but even if the characters are so different the game is still balanced.

The stages in All-Stars are more diverse then Smash.
  • In Smash you will always play the same matches and all the moving hazard in the stage will be timed at the same time over and over.
  • In All-Stars the stages are never the same, sometimes the Resistance stage is pulled up faster in the time of the match and more bubbles are shot by the droid or 1 of the 2 or reversed. Also the stages are made of 2 franchises instead of 1.

Local multiplayer is fun but online is even more fun.
If I am with 2 friends but need an extra player I can easily add online player to the match through my own game or in the online ranked or unranked matches.

And even if there roster is only 20 characters big now the list will probably grow as the makers of the game do listen to their audience.
Where getting Kat (Gravity Rush) and Emmett Graves (Starhawk) in January and lets hope more will come not just stages and characters but also modes and more customization to Versus Matches.
And a 1 on 1 for online matches.
Emmet and Kat



and the new stage.

Heavenly Sword mixed with Wipeout
Well saying it again but i am really happy that we PlayStation Fans have this brawler and have solid and fun product.
If you want to have a match with me find me on the PSN under the name GrimLink
Let me hear what you think of this game in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Ni No Kuni Review

A journey I wont forget. With so many RPG's out there its hard to find the right one. Since most of them are focused on their battle system that they forget the main reason why people to play them. What drove me was the world I had to explore and the people that inhabit them. Sadly most of the modern RPG's are grinding games which I hate because spending hours fighting to get past some bosses didn't feel epic or fun at all. Ni No Kuni did all the right things, that I wasn't done with it even after I was done with the story. Every part of the world was a delight to explore and a joy to the eyes that it is hard to explain that a few images will only do it justice for a little bit. With this world also comes a nice and memorable soundtrack that humes with me when I traverse the world. It a orchestra type of music so it isn't everyones kind of juice but works well with this game. The game may scare people away for its kiddy look, even ...

Pix the Cat Review

The return of games that feel and play like arcade games but are fresh and new at the same time made me a happy gamer. One title that also fit this bill is Pix the Cat. Pix the Cat is a mixture of pacman and snake. easy perfect  The gameplay is pretty straight forward and repetitive but nonetheless this works and is fun. The main game is a arcade version that has 3 modes that act as difficulty levels of the arcade mode. The gameplay revolves on getting a better high score by collecting ducks and getting deeper in to the stage. The first mode (beginner) and is unlocked from the start. The other modes need to be unlocked via a certain goal that mostly involves getting a better high score. Beside arcade there is a puzzle mode (labs) which involves solving puzzles in the Pix the Cat style. There is also a mode which I sadly haven't unlocked yet that involves speed run mode (nostalgia) which requires to complete a stage with a time frame. And all in a classical styl...