14 February 2014

Hands on with Ys: Memories of Celceta

While many of us need to wait for it's official release here in the EU I have already picked up the US version of Ys: Memories of Celceta.
This not how I normally buy games, because I wait for the EU releases of a game.
A good reason is in most cases DLC that gets released for a game.
As for Ys: Memories of Celceta I am pretty certain that there won't be any DLC in the future and I couldn't help my self to get the collectors edition aka silver edition that was available in a game shop in Groningen (NL).

God I love a good collectors edition.

but you're not here reading me ramble about how I love collectors editions, so il cut it to the case.

Ys: Memories of Celceta starts kind of slow with a small tutorial of how some stuff works but after that I am free.
Now I personally think that Ys: Memories of Celceta looks good but I must admit it isn't the best looking game on the Vita.
It's graphical level can be compared with Ys: Seven on the PSP.
Now as for map size I am also pleased, its not big but it does give me the feeling that it is.
This Screenshot is one of the many moments when I see how big the world is
As for combat Ys never fails me.
It fun to hack and slash but I love the harder monsters that require some timing and better understanding of the combat mechanics.
I highly advice you to challenge you're self with a higher difficulty even when I am not doing this because I am also on the hunt for more trophies.

Now if you are planing to get this game you should try to get the silver edition. 
The art/guide books looks great and is a fantastic piece to have with the game.
It s giving me a nostalgic feeling when it was normal that games where shipped with a miniature guide book next to the game.

I am looking forward to explore more of the game, until that time tell me are you planning to get it? 
Or do you already have it and whats you're opinion so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment