Skip to main content

Monthly Look Back (August,2014)

image by bandxoh on deviantart.com
This month may look really packed but that isn't true.
I was at a Lan-Party of a friend and as result he wanted to see a few games on my PS4.

Nonetheless enjoy list.

Ni No Kuni (PS3) 100% 47%
I have sooo many things to say about this game that this blog article won't do it justice.
So I decided that I have, no must do review on Ni No Kuni.

Let say that the mix of a good story and 2 great elements, from 2 other well known games make a great game.
The only thing you have to look past is its more childish look.
It more mature than it looks.

These past weeks have been a blast finishing Ni No Kuni's story.
I am now currently rounding things up and enjoying the world.

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4, PSVita) 10% 8%

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS3) 100% 100%
O god what a ending.
I am sooo looking forward to a season 3.

This episode had so much choices, that I felt the need to check them out.
I wonder how much people did the same :P

Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PSVita) 100% 100%
Just rounding up the new DLC and putting my trophy percentage back to 100%

Puppeteer (PS3) 100% 100%
Although I liked playing this game, at the end of it all I must say that didn't like it as much as I did.
It was enjoyable but not memorable.

Puppeteer really felt like a bedtime story and would be a great game for a parent and child.
This is a platformer I won't recommend to anyone except for those that seek a game like this.

Outlast (PS4) 0% 0%
Okay lets say that I am glad to have found a game that is creepy as hell.
But a word of advice don't play this game when you have 2 screaming friends next to you and there is no light on.
Because that makes outlast really CREEPY!

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) 10% 4%

THE PLAYROOM (PS4) 84%

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4) 10% 0%

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4) 15% 4%

Contrast (PS3) 100% 100%
Contrast was a really interesting short game.
It was kind of predictable in the story part.
But the platforming using shadows was really interesting.

Transistor (PS4) 100% 100%
This game is beautiful and sad at the same time.

Transistor did have really complex way of telling the story.
So complex that I had the need to play the game again.
The combat can feel repetitive but this can be avoided when using diffrent styles.
Also the beach door levels are damn hard.
I still scream in my head for the time trial level.

WipEout 2048 (PSVita) 100% 44%
It still makes me sad that the studio that makes Wipeout games is no more.
But I am glad that there still people playing the multiplayer.

I also Succeed in completing the 10th online stage which gave me a nice shiny silver trophy.

Everybody's Golf (PSVita) 20% 4%

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) 100% 44%

God of War (PSVita) 35% 18%

Green % are story,  Purple % are trophy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Sony Pulse Elite Wireless Headset Review

I have been promising that I would review the Pulse Elite after a few blogs that I wanted to write first and now with the the release of a patch on the PS4 for all Sony Pulse headsets I had, no I must write a review on this headset. Now the first question I ask my self is, why buy the Pulse Elite instead of a another headset and the reason is preferences. I want a headset that delivers me the option to be portable so I can use it on the go for my Vita or mobile phone but I also wanted the option to use it for voice chat on my PS3. The Pulse Elite delivers these options because it has two way to connect. One is via the USB dongle, which is used for the PS3 and other devices that have a USB port. The other way is via the 3.5mm cable which works pretty much with every mobile device out there on the market. Now why not get a headset that connects via Bluetooth? The reason is pretty simple but is supported by other functions this headset gives. The main reason is that there is ...

Ni No Kuni Review

A journey I wont forget. With so many RPG's out there its hard to find the right one. Since most of them are focused on their battle system that they forget the main reason why people to play them. What drove me was the world I had to explore and the people that inhabit them. Sadly most of the modern RPG's are grinding games which I hate because spending hours fighting to get past some bosses didn't feel epic or fun at all. Ni No Kuni did all the right things, that I wasn't done with it even after I was done with the story. Every part of the world was a delight to explore and a joy to the eyes that it is hard to explain that a few images will only do it justice for a little bit. With this world also comes a nice and memorable soundtrack that humes with me when I traverse the world. It a orchestra type of music so it isn't everyones kind of juice but works well with this game. The game may scare people away for its kiddy look, even ...