Skip to main content

Review PlayStation Vita

The PlayStation Vita is finally mine so it would be wrong if I did not share my opinion about it to you all that still not have one.

The PlayStation Vita is the latest handheld/Portable Console experience from PlayStation which brings PS3 gaming for on the go.
The front and back touch give new spin to the gameplay of many games and makes the menu a easy interface.
The motion controls also give a nice new experience to gaming.
But all of this control stuff can be tested the best for your self with the free game Welcome Park which is already on the Vita the day you get it or try it in a store.
Since I can't explain it my self, you need to feel to understand.
But does the Vita also feel oke in your hands?
Answer, yes but i did had to get used to it since I had to hold it differently (see Photo)


But the main thing i love the most is the freaking OLED screen it just makes stuff look better.
Good example is MotorStorm RC even wen you play it on a smaller screen it still looks Beautiful compared the PS3 version on a HD TV.
And you can see everything even on a 960x544 resolution which is amazing.



The Vita also has a front and back camera and nice Photo vita app for it.
But sadly even when the camera works and looks oke
The camera and gallery in the Photo vita app are limited which is a shame.
I can only take photos and film but I can't adjust anything for lighting and focus.
And the gallery is also limited to standard folders.
All, Date created, Photos and ScreenShots.
But the last option is a great addition to make screenshots any where on the Vita and share it with friends or the world.
Which I have liked a lot, since its so easy to make one by clicking home and start at the same time then pause click home button and share on any Social vita app or Messaging vita app.


The vita also has some weak spots in the speakers.
Even when they sound okay, if you want to feel every beat you should get a good headset for the full experience.
The last thing i dislike is the battery life.
Okay I understand why its not that long because the vita needs juice for all that power its showing us.
But luckily the OLED screen is not that battery consuming compared to all the other screens on phones or other portable devices.
So that's a plus.
But as always just carry around an extra cable and portable battery and there should be no problem.

A major plus is that I can get games from the PSN store so easy like I could on the PS3.
Get Trophies and chat with other PSN users or find them all on one portable machine just makes me smile.
Its all the stuff i wanted on my PSP but did not yet have.

Now there are also people that use multiple PSN accounts and want this also on the Vita but i can understand why PlayStation decided to not add it.
Okay its a shame for the people with multiple PSN accounts but I personally think it was meant for 1 person only.

Closing comment:
Oke the PSVita is pricey but I have had the Vita only for almost a Month and so far and I am in LOVE!!
You have so much power in my hands which allows you to play PS3 games on the go or PSVita games with unique controls making Mobile game less interesting for on the go.
Photos are good but if you really want to make some photos you should get a real camera.
Chatting using PSN messaging or Skype is great no more words needed.
(For all the trophy whores) it has Trophies YEAH!


Thx for reading and share your opinions down here and i will try to respond to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Ni No Kuni Review

A journey I wont forget. With so many RPG's out there its hard to find the right one. Since most of them are focused on their battle system that they forget the main reason why people to play them. What drove me was the world I had to explore and the people that inhabit them. Sadly most of the modern RPG's are grinding games which I hate because spending hours fighting to get past some bosses didn't feel epic or fun at all. Ni No Kuni did all the right things, that I wasn't done with it even after I was done with the story. Every part of the world was a delight to explore and a joy to the eyes that it is hard to explain that a few images will only do it justice for a little bit. With this world also comes a nice and memorable soundtrack that humes with me when I traverse the world. It a orchestra type of music so it isn't everyones kind of juice but works well with this game. The game may scare people away for its kiddy look, even ...

Pix the Cat Review

The return of games that feel and play like arcade games but are fresh and new at the same time made me a happy gamer. One title that also fit this bill is Pix the Cat. Pix the Cat is a mixture of pacman and snake. easy perfect  The gameplay is pretty straight forward and repetitive but nonetheless this works and is fun. The main game is a arcade version that has 3 modes that act as difficulty levels of the arcade mode. The gameplay revolves on getting a better high score by collecting ducks and getting deeper in to the stage. The first mode (beginner) and is unlocked from the start. The other modes need to be unlocked via a certain goal that mostly involves getting a better high score. Beside arcade there is a puzzle mode (labs) which involves solving puzzles in the Pix the Cat style. There is also a mode which I sadly haven't unlocked yet that involves speed run mode (nostalgia) which requires to complete a stage with a time frame. And all in a classical styl...