Skip to main content

Gravity Rush Review


Gravity Rush is one of those game titles I wanted before I even had a PSVita.
Now I love the story its deep, interesting and Fun, but and at the end of it you will still have questions left to ask and wishing for more answers of Gravity Rush. 

You play as the character Kat who can control gravity thanks to her strange cat Dusty who wakes up in a floating city named Heksville.
This city is attacked by gravity storms which pulls away pieces from the city and is also attacked by strange black creatures who are called Nevi.
Kat tries to help the city and also tries answer who she is.

The controls of Gravity Rush work really nice.
its easy to shift from the ground into a wall of fly around by shooting yourself in a direction.
The only moment when the controls start to have issues is in air combat.
On the ground it just clicking the square button and hit their weak spots.
But in air it will shoot you at a direction and you have to hit them on their weak spots, but you will a miss a few times with the more agile Nevi.

Which can be frustrating sometimes, but this was not a big issue for me since I quickly learned to stop in mid air attack and re-attack to make a hit and yes does less damage but its a hit and that's what counts.
Also when traversing the air in Gravity Rush you sometimes you will lose your sense direction where the ground is, this can be quickly restored by pressing the down button.
But this happens rarely so don't worry about it to much.
So the controls or not that bad as i have read on other sites but it does need some learning to make a advantage of the less accurate air attacks.

The open world is fun to explore finding strange crystal to gather for your skills so that you can upgrade them or people that talk about the world or about story's that are related to your story.
Also the world is full of challenge missions that are fun to beat and add a more difficulty to the game.

The environment is beautiful even when this game is not top notch in graphics it is still unique in how it shows the environment and even when the draw distance is not that good it is is ignored when playing the game.



The missions are a nice touch to the game making it interesting to test your skills for the gold rank and vs the world.
Now that is the funny thing the game is completely offline expect for the mission high score.
Its nice to have warp gates to make fast traveling available but I sometimes rather travel by myself since it is so much fun moving against the laws of nature.
Sadly there almost no one that talks about the Soundtrack from Gravity Rush which is really enjoyable to hear when traveling through the game.
And is Super great with the intro that you should watch your self to understand.



Now I have enjoyed this game alot and I will continue with more DLC coming to this game.
If I must rate this game with a score I would give it a solid 9 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Pix the Cat Review

The return of games that feel and play like arcade games but are fresh and new at the same time made me a happy gamer. One title that also fit this bill is Pix the Cat. Pix the Cat is a mixture of pacman and snake. easy perfect  The gameplay is pretty straight forward and repetitive but nonetheless this works and is fun. The main game is a arcade version that has 3 modes that act as difficulty levels of the arcade mode. The gameplay revolves on getting a better high score by collecting ducks and getting deeper in to the stage. The first mode (beginner) and is unlocked from the start. The other modes need to be unlocked via a certain goal that mostly involves getting a better high score. Beside arcade there is a puzzle mode (labs) which involves solving puzzles in the Pix the Cat style. There is also a mode which I sadly haven't unlocked yet that involves speed run mode (nostalgia) which requires to complete a stage with a time frame. And all in a classical styl...

Sony Pulse Elite Wireless Headset Review

I have been promising that I would review the Pulse Elite after a few blogs that I wanted to write first and now with the the release of a patch on the PS4 for all Sony Pulse headsets I had, no I must write a review on this headset. Now the first question I ask my self is, why buy the Pulse Elite instead of a another headset and the reason is preferences. I want a headset that delivers me the option to be portable so I can use it on the go for my Vita or mobile phone but I also wanted the option to use it for voice chat on my PS3. The Pulse Elite delivers these options because it has two way to connect. One is via the USB dongle, which is used for the PS3 and other devices that have a USB port. The other way is via the 3.5mm cable which works pretty much with every mobile device out there on the market. Now why not get a headset that connects via Bluetooth? The reason is pretty simple but is supported by other functions this headset gives. The main reason is that there is ...