Skip to main content

Upgrading my PS3

I have been a PS3 user for more then 3 years now but after all that time my PS3 Slim some how stopped working.
Even if i have not giving up all hope i have made the decision to say that it died and bought my self a complete new PS3.
I bought the Super Slim this time and i have no regret so far.
Although there are not many Review out there i got my info for the super slim with many bit of info from around the web but mostly on YouTube.

Wen i have the Super Slim for more then a month i will post a blog post here with a Review of the PS3 Super Slim.

The only thing i can tell you that the Date Transfer from 1 PS3 to another is easy.
This is the guide i used but down i will go in more detail to some things of how i did it.
(Link Guide) ->> PS3™ | Data Transfer Utility

Tip1: First the transfer will cost you some time this is different on how much content you have.
so Delete any Videos or Music that you don't need on the PS3 and have backed up on a PC or the Cloud.
I have a good filled PS3 Slim but even with that it still toke me around 4hour and 30min to finish.
This seems to be fast sins i read that most poeple had problems with this and toke more then 12hour for it.

Tip2: Now don't be a fool and connect your PS3's together by a LAN cable and don't use a harddrive to move it between them.
Its true that the PS3 Slim had problem to find my PS3 Super Slim at first but this it because i was not patient enough and forgot to shutdown and start up my PS3's again after a PSN content registration has been Deactivate.
so follow the steps well from the guide and everything will be oke.

Tip3: Not really a tip but more a set of extra information for you.
The PS3 should delete the old data but mine did not do this.
Wy? not sure but if you come in this situation and completed the steps from the guide then you should format your old PS3 so that the content is gone



Got any tips? or have your own review already up some where tell me in the comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Sony Pulse Elite Wireless Headset Review

I have been promising that I would review the Pulse Elite after a few blogs that I wanted to write first and now with the the release of a patch on the PS4 for all Sony Pulse headsets I had, no I must write a review on this headset. Now the first question I ask my self is, why buy the Pulse Elite instead of a another headset and the reason is preferences. I want a headset that delivers me the option to be portable so I can use it on the go for my Vita or mobile phone but I also wanted the option to use it for voice chat on my PS3. The Pulse Elite delivers these options because it has two way to connect. One is via the USB dongle, which is used for the PS3 and other devices that have a USB port. The other way is via the 3.5mm cable which works pretty much with every mobile device out there on the market. Now why not get a headset that connects via Bluetooth? The reason is pretty simple but is supported by other functions this headset gives. The main reason is that there is ...

Ni No Kuni Review

A journey I wont forget. With so many RPG's out there its hard to find the right one. Since most of them are focused on their battle system that they forget the main reason why people to play them. What drove me was the world I had to explore and the people that inhabit them. Sadly most of the modern RPG's are grinding games which I hate because spending hours fighting to get past some bosses didn't feel epic or fun at all. Ni No Kuni did all the right things, that I wasn't done with it even after I was done with the story. Every part of the world was a delight to explore and a joy to the eyes that it is hard to explain that a few images will only do it justice for a little bit. With this world also comes a nice and memorable soundtrack that humes with me when I traverse the world. It a orchestra type of music so it isn't everyones kind of juice but works well with this game. The game may scare people away for its kiddy look, even ...