Skip to main content

GUACAMELEE! the experience


If there are a few games you MUST play on your Vita then this one should be on that list.
Guacamelee is a special game that has the retro save the princess in a Mexican style.
And it works.
But how is the game play
Well?
It good and really fun.
The combo system is easy to learn and to use for combat.
Although i used most times just punching and throwing to do my bidding.
Only wen i needed to i used some special moves to make a group of enemies get knocked over.
Its also nice to see that you can use your combat moves for reaching areas.
That would not be able to reach with normal jumping.

The game also looks really nice.
Its more of a drawn style but it works really well for this game.
Also this game is full of references to other well known games and some miscellaneous stuff.
Which i find really amusing.

 

The game is fun and was for me only a little challenging.
Only the bosses and some parts in dungeons that required precise timing and we'll use of jumping.
kept me really busy.
The Orb Dungeons are probably the places that took me the most time to complete.

I played Guacamelee only on the Vita but it also works fine on the PS3.
The cross controller function is a really neat optional functions.
And i would love to see more games do this.
There is a little need to know, how to set one up.
But the official Guacamelee site explains it all.
-> Link FAQ

I hope to see more game like Guacamelee in the future.
Especially for the Vita.

What is your opinion? share it below in the comment box or Tweet me @GrimLink


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Back yet again with an update

With the latest redesign of my blog I also plan to change a few things for You and me. First for the design I have changed back to a custom look with a new shiny banner to make it look even better and more me. Tell me you're thoughts and share to me why you like it or hate it. As far for the thing that matters the most, The Articles . I have chosen to be more committed to the blog. Not only random social message announcing a new blog articles that sometimes pops up. But also some planed articles that will be focused certain topics. First I will do a grammar check on old articles. Focused on words like; sins (should be since) and more. As for sentences I wont correct them. I find this to much work and if I would do it, I would rather re-write the complete article. The Second thing will be a monthly article call "What have I played". It will feature everything have played in that month (quite obvious from the title :P). I will discus my opinions an...

Sony Pulse Elite Wireless Headset Review

I have been promising that I would review the Pulse Elite after a few blogs that I wanted to write first and now with the the release of a patch on the PS4 for all Sony Pulse headsets I had, no I must write a review on this headset. Now the first question I ask my self is, why buy the Pulse Elite instead of a another headset and the reason is preferences. I want a headset that delivers me the option to be portable so I can use it on the go for my Vita or mobile phone but I also wanted the option to use it for voice chat on my PS3. The Pulse Elite delivers these options because it has two way to connect. One is via the USB dongle, which is used for the PS3 and other devices that have a USB port. The other way is via the 3.5mm cable which works pretty much with every mobile device out there on the market. Now why not get a headset that connects via Bluetooth? The reason is pretty simple but is supported by other functions this headset gives. The main reason is that there is ...