Skip to main content

My Favorite 2013 gaming experiences

With the end of this year closing in I look back at my best 2013 gaming experiences and make a neat top 5 of them.

PS3
1. The Last of Us (2013)
It's my favourite game of 2013 so yeah its easy to put it as my number one of the PS3 gaming experiences of 2013.
The Last of Us gave me a great story and an addictive multiplayer that feels new and refreshing compared to all those multiplayers we already have.
2. Beyond: Two Souls (2013)
You can hate or love this game.
I loved it,  and enjoyed every bit of the story even when the game felt less dynamic than Heavy Rain.
3. God of War: Ascension (2013)
Not as great as God of War 3 but still a good experience.
Really liked the story but was not that interested in the Multiplayer that was new to the God of War games.
Looking forward to God of War Ascension
God of War Experience
4. Borderlands 2 (2013)
A good successor to the first game and another reason to put too much hours in just shooting shit.
5. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (2012)
Originally came out at in the 4th quarter of 2012 but I still play this game occasionally when i have a few friends at my home.

PSVita
1. Tearaway (2013)
I recently shared my opinion on this game here -> Review
But in short, I find this a must have for any Vita user.
2. Guacamelee! (2013)
Another game i find a must have.
Guacamelee delivered me a fun save the princess platformer that used allot of easter eggs in a mexican style.
Guacamelee DLC Review
GUACAMELEE! the experience
3. Killzone: Mercenary (2013)
The Console FPS experience on the go who would want that.
And Killzone Mercenary delivers what Modern Warfare and Resistance fail to do.
Killzone Mercenary Multiplayer Experience
4. Persona 4 Golden (2013)
This remake on the PS2 version came a little later to Europe but was worth the wait for me.
I really love this japanese toned RPG with socializing elements.
5. Dokuro (2013)
This puzzle platformer gave me nice challenge and fun experience.

PS+ (All PlayStation games i have gotten for free)
I made this category because I felt that the soooo many games we get for free with our PS+ subscription deserve a little attention.
1. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PSVita) (2012)
This game comes with Metal Gear Solid HD pack.
Weird but really interesting story.
2. Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) (2012)
Sadly never had the time to get this myself and have forgotten about it so was happy that this came with PS+.
Spec Ops is a fun 3de person shooter with an interestingly dark story.
3. Batman: Arkham City (PS3) (2012)
Only three words I AM BATMAN.
No seriously this is one of the few open world games that I recently played and i really enjoyed.
4. Stealth Inc. (PSVita) (2013)
This mobile game that came to the Vita brought me a serious challenging puzzle platformer.
Loved playing through this game trying to beat all levels and succeed.
5. LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3) (2012)
While I know that this game is practically ModNation Racers with a LittleBigPlanet skin i still really like this game and have spend a nice amount of time with it.
Also check out my levels

Other Games (PC, Web and Mobile)
I originally wanted separate categories for all none PlayStation games but as I was making this list I noticed that i haven't played much PC, Web and mobile games this year, so i combined all of them in one list.
1. StarCraft2 (PC)
One of the best RTS games out there.
Have been hooked to StarCraft since the first game and love how strategically this RTS is.
2. Super Sync Sports! (Web)
This is a fun internet game made by google that allows one or more players to play a mini game on a PC and use their mobile device as an controller.
My Review 
Play it (need a PC + mobile device)
3. Angry Birds Seasons (SmartPhone)
I find any Angry Birds game fun to play when I have a few seconds to spare but I find Angry Birds Seasons always entertaining because of the themed levels.
4. Rayman Jungle Run (SmartPhone)
This game may be short but i really enjoyed this because it felt and looked like Rayman Origins.
5. Nexus (Chrome app)
This simple puzzle game is perfect when I need to kill some time and challenge my mind.
Download free for Chrome 

Hope you all liked my top list, also what is your top of 2013?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playstation TV Review

Also known as PSVita TV Review The Playstation TV is the way to play your favorite PSVita and Playstation classic's on the tv. Or use it as an add-on device for the PS4 to continue playing in different room if you're banished from the other one. While this sound great, sadly the PSTV is not perfect. There are enough games that have yet to get PSTV support. And if you're new to the PSVita environment don't expect to play Gravity Rush or Tearaway on the PSTV. The PSTV only support games for the PSVita that don't use or barely use the touch options of the PSVita. There are allot of things that the PSTV could support but isn't getting for now. One of those options is to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. While I understand that WipEout 2048 has motion controls. They don't need be there to play WipEout 2048 on the PSTV. Games like Olli Olli don't even have proper menu controls and require the use of the R3 of the Dualshock 3 and 4 or the use of t...

Sony Pulse Elite Wireless Headset Review

I have been promising that I would review the Pulse Elite after a few blogs that I wanted to write first and now with the the release of a patch on the PS4 for all Sony Pulse headsets I had, no I must write a review on this headset. Now the first question I ask my self is, why buy the Pulse Elite instead of a another headset and the reason is preferences. I want a headset that delivers me the option to be portable so I can use it on the go for my Vita or mobile phone but I also wanted the option to use it for voice chat on my PS3. The Pulse Elite delivers these options because it has two way to connect. One is via the USB dongle, which is used for the PS3 and other devices that have a USB port. The other way is via the 3.5mm cable which works pretty much with every mobile device out there on the market. Now why not get a headset that connects via Bluetooth? The reason is pretty simple but is supported by other functions this headset gives. The main reason is that there is ...

Ni No Kuni Review

A journey I wont forget. With so many RPG's out there its hard to find the right one. Since most of them are focused on their battle system that they forget the main reason why people to play them. What drove me was the world I had to explore and the people that inhabit them. Sadly most of the modern RPG's are grinding games which I hate because spending hours fighting to get past some bosses didn't feel epic or fun at all. Ni No Kuni did all the right things, that I wasn't done with it even after I was done with the story. Every part of the world was a delight to explore and a joy to the eyes that it is hard to explain that a few images will only do it justice for a little bit. With this world also comes a nice and memorable soundtrack that humes with me when I traverse the world. It a orchestra type of music so it isn't everyones kind of juice but works well with this game. The game may scare people away for its kiddy look, even ...